Introducing Kent Design LUNCH & LEARN – a series of online 1hr briefing events for 2021/22
In July 2021, a revised version of the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) was published. The latest version places a new emphasis on delivering ‘beautiful’ and ‘sustainable’ places, with particular emphasis on the use of design codes and guides to achieve this. Furthermore, paragraph 134 now states that development that is not well design should be refused. In this Lunch and Learn Briefing session, former MHCLG Chief Architect Andy von Bradsky will explore how this stronger emphasis on the high quality design has implications for development management at the local level. A short presentation will be followed by time for Q&A and discussion.
- Recognise the latest NPPF revisions as they relate to design quality
- Understand the implications of the revisions on development management and delivering well-designed developments
- Discuss how the revisions are impacting day to day work in planning and design
Online Learning events are designed for public and private sector practitioners with limited or some knowledge and experience of the topic, and those who would like to refresh or build on their existing knowledge.
The Online Learning event will include:
- a live guest speaker presentation and Q&A
- a member only resource library of ‘watch again’ content, presentations, key takeaways, and further reading
Date: Wednesday 17th November 2021
Time: 12:30 – 1:30pm (Login opens from 12:15pm)
Format: Online via Zoom
This 1hr Webinar is free to attend, simply register your details here, no later than 4.00pm on `Tuesday 16th November 2021.