Across Surrey, councils are facing huge demand for new housing against the backdrop of uncertainty in planning reform. Drawing on the findings of the recent House of Lords report, Meeting Housing Demand, this Roundtable discussion is a chance to debate and share knowledge about what tools are needed to deliver on housing targets and ensure high quality design.
- What do we feel is slowing housing delivery in our local authority areas?
- How would local plan reform help or hinder Local Authorities?
- What resources are needed to allow Local Authorities to build more social housing?
- What tools would encourage build out of planning applications?
- What should we prioritise now to get results?
This roundtable discussion will explore this topic in what will be a lively and provocative conversation. Bringing together key practitioners in Surrey and led by Design South East, the session will explore the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead.
The Roundtable will include:
- a provocation, or series of provocations, relating to the topic
- a chaired discussion
- a takeaways report
Hilary Satchwell – Director, Tibbalds Planning and Urban Design
The Roundtable will be chaired by Design South East Director, Chris Lamb, and will use the Chatham House rule.
Date: Thursday 10th March 2022
Time: 08:45 – 10:30am
Format: Online via Zoom
Design Surrey Roundtables are by invitation only to Design Surrey members.