Introducing Kent Design LUNCH & LEARN – a series of online 1hr briefing events for 2021/22
The UK has pledged to achieve Net Zero carbon emissions and many local authorities have announced a climate emergency with ambitions to achieve net zero emissions by 2050 or sooner. To understand the role of planning, local authorities and built environment professionals, we must first understand the big picture. This briefing will explore the concept of Net Zero Carbon and set out the existing split of carbon emissions in the UK. It will then explain what big picture changes are needed to achieve Net Zero with a particular focus on the role of the built environment.
- Understand the concept of Net Zero Carbon and associated terminology
- Understand the big steps required for the UK to achieve Net Zero Carbon
- Recognise the importance of construction, building energy use and transport in carbon emissions
- Discuss what this means for local authorities and built environment professionals
Online Learning events are designed for public and private sector practitioners with limited or some knowledge and experience of the topic, and those who would like to refresh or build on their existing knowledge.
The Online Learning event will include:
- a live guest speaker presentation and Q&A
- a member only resource library of ‘watch again’ content, presentations, key takeaways, and further reading
Ross O’Ceallaigh, Programme Manager, Design South East
Helen Goodwin, Head of Programmes, Design South East
Date: Tuesday 12th October 2021
Time: 12:30 – 1:30pm (Login opens from 12:15pm)
Format: Interactive online via Zoom
This 1hr Webinar is free to attend, simply register your details here, no later than 9.30am on Tuesday October 12th 2021.