Achieving sustainable development, town centre revitalisation and meeting housing demand often requires building at medium to high densities. However, this type of development can create tension, with risks of overlooking to neighbouring homes or tall and bulky forms within historic settings. This interactive Masterclass will explore the key principles to delivering well-designed, higher density neighbourhoods that respond appropriately to context. It will feature presentations and case studies from practitioners who have delivered successful, higher density developments.
- Understand the potential role of higher density development in towns and neighbourhoods
- Explore principles for successful higher density development
- Recognise best practice examples of sensitive, high density developments
Ross O’Ceallaigh, Programme Manager, Design South East
Date: March 2022 – date TBA
Kent Design member organisations:
Bookings will be taken on a first come, first served basis.
Kent/Medway local authority members: Please ensure all bookings are made through your key contact or KCPG representative who will be able to book places at this event on your behalf. If you do not know who that is please email : email@example.com and we will let you know.
To book, please email the central Kent Design email address : firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Name of delegate(s)
- Role/Job title
- Email address of delegate(s)
- Confirmation the delegate(s) can access Zoom through a work or personal device (in case this event is hosted via Zoom)
Non-Kent Design members:
There are a limited number of places available to non-members. The cost of individual places is £95+vat pp. Online booking will open in late 2021