Delivering innovative development which is environmentally- and community-friendly, and blends built form with landscape to achieve exemplar design quality, is a challenge. In this virtual study tour we explore the delivery of a volume housing scheme, and the importance of the local authority and applicant team setting the bar high to achieve their collective ambition through the design and planning process.
Delegates can expect to:
- Gain an insight into the roles and responsibilities of the client and design team, including the objectives of the developer
- Consider the scheme in terms of the overarching themes within the National Design Guide:
- Climate: The complexities of delivering housing sustainably
- Character: The interpretation of context to develop a contemporary design solution
- Community: Urban design strategies to champion community and pedestrian-friendly places
The Virtual Study Tour is designed for any Officers who would like to explore the development in further detail.
Laura Lewis-Davies, Learning Manager, Design South East
The Virtual Study Tour will include:
- a 360 degree online tour of the development
- live guest speaker presentations and Q&A
- group discussions and lessons learned
- a resource library of ‘watch again’ content, presentations, key takeaways and further reading
- Date: Thursday 11 March 2021
- Time: 10am-3pm
- Location: Online – via Zoom
This series of online learning events is exclusive to members of Design Surrey.
Places are limited and bookings must be made through each Design Surrey Key Contact.
Please note: Initially all events will be delivered online due to the ongoing Covid-19 crisis.