We are looking for a new trustee to join our board and to chair our Finance & Audit Committee
About Design South East
Design South East is a purpose driven, independent, not-for-profit organisation that helps local authorities and their stakeholders and communities deliver resilient, healthy, and sustainable places. We have an office in central London and we focus our activity on the South East of England.
Managed by a small team, we leverage the power of a network of around 200 experts from a variety of built environment disciplines, leading practitioners in their fields, to help us deliver our work.
About the role of Trustee and Chair of the Finance & Audit Group
Design South East is a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity. Board members are directors of the company and trustees of the charity. The board is chaired by Ben Rogers, our vice-Chair is Hilary Satchwell and the outgoing Chair of the Finance & Audit Committee is Judith Armitt.
Principal responsibilities of our board members include:
- Provide the governance and high-level strategic leadership of the charity.
- Prepare for and attend board meetings and contribute to board discussions.
- Support and mentor the charity’s leadership team as required.
- Support the chair of trustees and the board through joining board sub-committees and task groups and carry out delegated governance work as and when required.
- Help in business development and network with important clients and other stakeholders.
- Represent and champion the organisation and its work at events and in the media.
The additional responsibilities of the chair of the Finance sub-group include:
- Oversee the financial management of the organisation, including setting budgets, running financial processes and monitoring financial performance, on behalf of the board.
- Chair our quarterly Finance sub-group meetings.
- Support our Finance Manager and management team with the development of our financial management and reporting systems and processes.
- Review the annual accounts before they are presented at the Annual General Meeting.
Terms of engagement
The role of a trustee is unpaid, and we estimate it involves a minimum time commitment of half a day per month. All meetings are held virtually or in-person. Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
Trustees are appointed for an initial three-year term of office which may be renewed up to a maximum of six years’ service.
Click here to download the information pack.
How to apply
To apply please submit your CV, a short covering letter explaining your interest in the position, and an outline of your relevant experience, to: email@example.com
If you would like to discuss the position further before making an application, please contact Chris Lamb using the email above and we’ll set up a telephone call.
Application deadline and interview
The deadline for applications is noon on Tuesday 11 April 2023.
Interviews will be held in person in central London.