We have a new opportunity to join our team, reporting to our Operations Manager and working directly with our Design Advisors to support the delivery of well-designed places. With recent growth in our workload this is an important and exciting moment to join Design South East. You will be project managing design reviews, surgeries, workshops, study tours and learning events. You will work closely with a number of our local authority clients and will be involved with many aspects of our services. The role requires you to liaise with a wide range of partners, including clients and their stakeholders and with our network of expert professionals from the built environment sector to support the delivery of better places. You will divide your time between communicating with our clients and stakeholders and preparing agendas, coordinating information flows and project managing the physical or online delivery of our services.
- Working closely with our design advisors to plan, coordinate and manage the delivery of our services, including design review sessions, design surgeries, workshops, charrettes and roundtables.
- Providing project management of long-term contracts and major projects, maintaining accurate records, preparing for client meetings and assisting with client reports.
- Liaising with our local authority clients and event participants to successfully coordinate events and ensure that all participants have the information they need and receive an efficient, high-quality service.
- Proof reading reports and other documents before they are issued.
- Maintaining accurate records in our CRM system, researching and entering data on key organisations and contacts and keeping data up to date and GDPR compliant.
- Maintaining our digital filing system, including setting up new project folders.
- Compiling monitoring information and contributing to the planning and delivery of our annual reviews for clients.
- Coordinating online surveys for delegates and user feedback to track the impact of our work, ensuring surveys are issued promptly, chasing responses and collating results.
- Working with the Operations Manager and Office Manager to maintain systems including contracts and finance.
- Providing general administrative support to the organisation.
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties as required by your manager.
Skills and behaviours:
- An interest in design, the arts and/or the built environment is desirable;
- Proactive, driven and outcome-focused;
- Highly organised, with an attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines;
- Highly motivated and a self-starter, with a willingness to take ownership of projects;
- Happy to work independently on a project, or to team up with others;
- Ready to solve problems and identify appropriate solutions.
Knowledge and Experience:
Project management and coordination:
- You will have proven strong project management skills.
- You will have attention to detail.
- You will have good writing skills.
- You will be an excellent communicator with good people skills, able to confidently make contact with people outside of the organisation.
- You will have experience of working autonomously but also as part of a team, with a willingness to contribute to team discussions.
- You will have some experience of working on projects that bring together different disciplines and stakeholders.
- You will be a confident IT user, proficient in all MS Office applications and familiar with CRM systems.
We will offer opportunities to continuously develop your skills and knowledge and provide for career development within Design South East.
To apply please send;
- a cover letter
- an up-to-date CV (max 2 pages of A4) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Band – £19-28k depending on your experience.
The deadline applications is 12.00 noon Monday 18 January 2021. Interviews will be held w/c Monday 25th January 2021. If, having read this pack, you require an informal conversation about the role with our Office Manager, Kate Dawe, please email; email@example.com
DSE is committed to equal opportunities, and we value the diversity of perspectives that people from different backgrounds bring to our work. We positively encourage applications from eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identification, ethnicity, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief or sexual orientation.
DSE is a very busy organisation and we cannot guarantee to give individual feedback on all unsuccessful applications.